All Salts Are Not Created Equal
There are many differences between common table salt and natural salt. Table salt is actually 7.5 and sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals such as moisture absorbents, and iodine. Our ocean water source is heavy metal-contaminated and requires refining. It's dried in excess of 1200 degrees Fahrenheit, which alters the natural chemical structure of the salt. This process leaves the body void of benefits, as does GMO foods.
Many physicians and media sources warn us against using salt, but this warning is regarding high sodium levels in processed foods. Consuming table salt also causes excess fluid in your body tissue, which can contribute to cellulite, gout, rheumatism, arthritis, and kidney and gall stones.
LNH suggests Himalayan salt, as it is the purest available, uncontaminated by pollutants, and is perfectly structured energetically. It is mined by hand and hand washed. It's a fact that salt is essential to life -- using the best salt is a choice for optimum health.
Himalayan salt contains all 84 elements found in your body. Benefits include:
• Regulating the water content throughout your body.
• Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
• Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
• Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
• Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
• Supporting respiratory health.
• Promoting sinus health.
• Prevention of muscle cramps.
• Promoting bone strength.
• Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep.
• Supporting your libido.
• Promoting vascular health.
• In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure.
Himalayan salt can be used in cooking, medicinally and as a detoxifying bath. It's great for the skin and quite detoxifying, and can be done once, twice a week, or every day, depending on your health. Consult your naturopath for assistance.
It is suggested to use 2 cups to 2 pounds of salt in your bath (depending on the size of your tub) in filtered water. Water filters are available for showers and tubs at your local health food store or online. If you'd like, light some candles and play your favorite music to relax and soak for up to 30 minutes, depending on your health and needs. Leave the phone in the other room and just be at peace with yourself.
Tip: Lie back and immerse your head in the water up past your ears, and listen to yourself breathe -- there's something very calming about focused rhythmic breathing.