Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Here's a quick and easy dessert recipe to cool you and your guests on hot summer days and nights. Tip: Choose the most ripe pineapple you can find.
• 1/2 pineapple (approx 2 cups)
• Use your favorite sweetener to taste. You may not need any if the pineapple is very ripe.
• 1/2 cup water
• optional squeeze of lemon juice
• Cut into cubes and remove from the pineapple. If you do this carefully, you will create it's own serving bowl from the shell.
• Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Scoop mixture into a covered container and freeze for 1-2 hours.
• Remove from freezer and scoop mixture back into the blender and mix til smooth again.
• Scoop mixture into pineapple shell, martini glass, etc., and re-freeze for 5 hours.
• Serve and enjoy!
Posted by OCNaturalDoc at 11:23 PM